NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Monday, May 22, 2006

Jamie has a long wait before celebrating

Jamie Pitman had to wait what seemed an eternity before he joined the after match dressing room party on Saturday. He was asked to provide a urine sample but was so dehydrated after the game it took him two hours.

"The celebrations on the pitch were terrific," Pitman told the Worcester News. "Unfortunately, I got drug-tested after the game, about 10 minutes after we got presented with the trophy.

"I was straight in to give a sample and I was there for about two hours, because I was a bit dehydrated afterwards.

"Wayne Brown also had to take a sample, but he managed to leave much earlier than me!

"It was so frustrating because I was sat in another room for two hours while everybody else was celebrating."

Eventually he joined in.

"It was fantastic. We took thousands of fans there and I know they enjoyed the celebrations just as much as we did.

"A lot of the players' friends and family were at the game. Afterwards, I had my little boy with me, also my wife and my parents.

"We all went back to Hereford and it's been pretty much non-stop for 24 to 48 hours!"

He spoke about Ryan Green's goal.

"I don't think Ryan could quite believe it. It was a great goal and he said he meant for the top corner.

"I'll have to believe him, but I've never seen a shot like that in training before. He has not got a left foot!

"It's quite funny that he scored in our first game of the season (against Scarborough) and has scored in our last."

"To be fair, all the goals were of high-quality. The finishing was superb and, on the whole, the game was a great spectacle for the level of football we're playing at. It was a great advert for the Conference.

"It's been a long time coming for us. The game was a rollercoaster of emotions - going behind, getting back in it, going behind again and then getting the winner. It was an unbelievable final."

"It's been a great occasion for me. It's nice for me to get back into the Football League. I've waited quite a long time and it's special to do it with Hereford."