NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Connell's signing confirmed

Alan Connell has confirmed his move from Torquay to Hereford at today's Open Day at Edgar Street. He has signed a one year deal.



Alan Connell at the Open Day

"I'm delighted to have signed," Connell told Bulls News. "I'm delighted to have joined Hereford. A very well run club. They look after the players well which I'm delighted with - so are the other players as well.

"It's a real family club. Everyone gets on well. I think we're going to have a good season.

"I'm a Hereford United player and I'm very very pleased to be one."

Connell spoke about yesterday's game.

"I think Bristol City will get promoted. They been there or thereabouts for a number of years but with Gary Johnson in charge I think this will be their year.

"But we more than matched which is a good sign, especially in the first half.

He commented on Fleetwood's goal.

"It was a very good strike. A lot of us were practising free kicks on Friday and
not too many went in but he saved his best for Saturday."