NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ince to Franchise.


Franchise FC (MK Dons) have announced a press conference for 11pm tomorrow when it is expected that they will name Paul Ince as manager. The Macclesfield Town boss and his backroom staff saved the club from relegation last season but Ince now seems set to leave for pastures fresh.

Supporters have understandably turned on the ex Manchester United and Wolves player, who was given his first managerial opportunity by the Silkmen less than a year ago. However, their calls of Judas may be tempered by a reputed compensation payment of around £50,000 from Winkleman’s pot of football gold.

UPDATE 8pm: The Official Macclesfield Website have confirmed that Paul Ince has resigned to take up a new post at MK Dons.

"I will always remember my time here at Macclesfield - this was where I started my managerial career - and I hope that our supporters will understand why I am moving on. We came here last October to do a job - to keep Macclesfield in the Football League - and we did it," said Ince.

"They (MK Dons) have significantly more resources for me to work with, and as I am ambitious to make it to the very top, I think I have to go for it.

"Would you believe it we are back here on August 18 (at Moss Rose).I will certainly salute the fantastic Macclesfield supporters when I come back on that day, and I hope that they will give me a good reception too. Wherever I finish up as a manager, this was where I started -and I won't forget that."