NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Purdie looks for new challenge

Rob Purdie has spoken out on why he has decided to leave Edgar Street. In an interview with 'Nibbo' he reveals that one of the reasons was because of the antics of a small section of the crowd.

"I've achieved everything I came to Hereford United for and I'm looking for a new challenge

"The reason I didn't want to stay is I know that if next season doesn't go very well then I know I'll probably go through a hard time more than any other player because of what will happen to me. And that was in the back of my mind when I was making my decision because I don't want to leave here with bad memories. Which is what could have happened if I had stayed here and the fans had got on my back again.

"The people that don't agree with me - I don't think I'll ever be able to change them. And obviously next season if it's not going very well for me then I know that they will come out in force. I don't want to leave on that sort of cloud.

"As long as a player is putting in 100% - it might not work for him, he might not be good enough - I don't think they deserve to be booed for 100% effort. I find it very hard to take."

An audio version of the interview can be found on the Official Website.