NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Friday, June 22, 2007

Robinson Keen On York Chances

Former Bull Mark Robinson believes his new club are more than capable of mounting a challenge for the Conference title next season.

Robinson, 25, joined York over a number of League sides as he wanted to be closer to his Guisborough home, but believes the club are capable of winning promotion: "I spoke to a few League clubs in the summer and then to Billy McEwan. We had a chat and he talked about the plans he had. They were really exciting. I saw how York got on last season and they feel like a family club.

"I have a 15-month-old boy and a fiancée and it was horrible (the time spent apart at Torquay) so I am over the moon. I can live back at home and that should influence the way I play because if you are happy off the pitch you'll be happy on the pitch. After watching York last season and speaking to the manager, hopefully we are looking at promotion this season. I don't see why we can't win the league.

"The manager has done really well with the players and the budget he has had so I can't see any reason at all why we can't go up."