NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Conlan and Hereford have a similar problem

In Hereford United's case they can't score at home, in Conlan's case he just can't score. On Saturday, assuming he is picked, Conlan returns to Edgar Street.

Bull's coach John Trewick has already commented that with all the chances Hereford have created at home goals are bound to follow.

And Bradford striker Barry Conlan is sure goals will come for him and his side. Conlan, a journeyman now with his eleventh club, played against the Bulls last season whilst with Darlington and Mansfield.

"Goals are like buses, you can wait a while for one and then a few come at the same time. Once one goes in off my shin or my ear or whatever then I'm sure more will follow," he said

"I'm long enough in the tooth to know how the game works and I'll get my chance again."

He remembers playing at Edgar Street for Mansfield last season as he scored there.

"It's a tight little ground but the pitch should be okay. I think we'll get the chance to play our football.

"There's a lot of confidence in the team at the moment. The changing room is livening up and all the lads are buzzing."