NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Parry wants to play for Wales again

Paul Parry has revealed that a difficult divorce stopped him playing for Wales over the last eighteen months. But now he says this problem is in the past and he wants to play for his country again.

"I’ve been going through a divorce. I left my wife three years ago and it has been a long, drawn-out saga," explained Parry.

"I am just glad to come through to the end of it now.

"It is something I just want to put to the back of my mind and look to the future.

"My mind feels refreshed now but it has taken a lot out of me. I was suffering a lot of stress and I just needed some time out for myself.

"That was the only reason I took that step back from Wales, I had to clear my mind.

"I’ve got two children from my previous marriage. Now I have a good relationship with my ex, everything is amicable and I can see my kids when I want to see them. So there is no problem with that."

Parry's children were mascots when he returned to Edgar Street earlier this year for the FA Cup game between his former club Hereford United and Cardiff City.

Later in the Western Mail article he explained that he had kept John Toshack, the Wales manager, fully informed as to his circumstances.

"I do hope now people know the reason why I took the step back out of the Wales set-up they might see my point of view," said Parry, who has won 11 caps, the last against San Marino in March 2007.

"It has only been for my personal reasons I withdrew. I’ve had a few conversations with John. He knew the situation from day one.

"When I told him he was understanding, he just wanted to know when I might come back into consideration."