NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Formation Change worked said Turner

In his post match press conference Hereford United manager Graham Turner say the win was sorely needed.

"We changed the formation a little bit and put two youngsters alongside Steve Guinan to do the leg work and I thought it worked fairly well.

"I've got to be pleased with Brad's and Matt Done's contributions and Steve who figure headed it. I thought he played every so well for us.

"We desperately needed that, gave everybody a lift.

"O'Leary - I think he probably should have scored a hat-trick. Missed a header first half and an easy shot second half.

"To get our first win was absolutely vital. The response today was brilliant. I thought we were fairly comfortable.

"And it was pleasing to see we made an attempt to keep the ball. With the clock running down we didn't panic."