NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gannon to talk to Brighton Chairman

Stockport County manager Jim Gannon is to meet Brighton chairman Dick Knight this morning. Last night Stockport lost 1-0 at Colchester.

Stockport Chairman Martin Reid has given Gannon, who has said that his job at Edgeley Park is 'untenable', permission to speak to Brighton.

"I think everybody knows how much I love this club and I think everybody knows how much I've been tormented by what has gone on in the last six or seven weeks," said Gannon as reported by the Argus.

"I have been put into a difficult position but I respect that the approach has been made and we'll see what happens. It's going to be a huge decision."

"My position at the club became untenable a long time ago. But because of my passion for the club and out of respect for all of the staff, players and fans, I've stayed.

"I have remained committed but the most important thing is to make sure that this club continues to exist and progresses."

Brighton Chairman Knight told their official site last night that he was due to speak to two people about the job, with the sucessful candidate hoped to be in place for the weekend.