NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Monday, May 18, 2009

Smith unhappy with Pay Cut

Another Hereford United player has chosen to speak to the press about whether he might have to leave Hereford United.

Last Wednesday it was Steve Guinan, this morning it's Ben Smith.

"I spoke to John Trewick at the end of the season and he said if I was going to stay for another season I was looking a a hefty pay cut. He left it with me and we will speak in the next few weeks," Smith told the Worcester News.

"I have spoken to a few other clubs and had offers put on the table but I still haven’t taken any of them.

"I have enjoyed my time at Hereford, I am really settled but with the figures they are talking about it doesn’t seem that I will be playing for them next season."

Midfielder Smith was given a two and a half year contract when he signed for the Bulls in January 2007. Manager Graham Turner was reported to have paid £20,000 to Weymouth for Smith.