NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Crewe Stewards Down Accy's Bell

Accrington Stanley's assistant manager Jimmy Bell was reported to have been wrestled to the ground by Crewe stewards at the end of yesterday's game as he walked across the pitch to commiserate with supporters. Crewe won the game 5-1.

"I was publicly humiliated," Bell told the Lancashire Telegraph.

"I’ve no idea why it happened. The fans had been fantastic and I went over to the ref at the end of the game, shook his hand, then took four or five strides towards the away fans.

"John Coleman was 30 yards or so ahead of me, but I was confronted by a steward who said I couldn’t go over.

"I told him that I was and he started shouting for assistance. The next thing I knew five men were jumping on me and I was manhandled to the floor.

"It was absurd. All I wanted to do was applaud the fans who were absolutely magnificent in their fancy dress and doing the conga.

"Instead I had Fred Flintstone, Batman and Robin jumping out of the crowd to help me. Rob Heys (Stanley’s chief executive) ran out of the stands when he saw what was going on."

The FA will await the referee's report on the matter before commenting.

Last Saturday week Accrington manager John Coleman complained at the behaviour of a few Hereford United supporters after the Bulls won 2-1.