NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Friday, June 25, 2010

Davey chose Hereford over America

To choose football in Hereford as opposed to America couldn't have been an easy decision for new Bulls manager Simon Davey.

"I had a fantastic offer to go and work in America," Davey told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"But when I got off the flight I had a telephone call so I sat down with the Hereford new ownership and they offered me a chance to manage a club of this statue with these ambitions and that outweighed my prospect of going to America.

"America was a new challenge but it wasn't a tough decision. For a club going forward with a new ownership and wanting to be ambitious, there was only one thing I was going to do and that was take the Hereford job.

"David and Tim are ambitious, it's a fresh start for the football club and to bring a new manager in is a fresh start for me as well."