NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Promotion is Davey's Aim

Hereford United manager Simon Davey has said that promotion is his aim.

"There's a new Chairman and a new board and now I'm their new Manager, their first appointment," Davey told www.football-league.co.uk.

"Things are looking up at the club. We're quite ambitious, I'm ambitious, I want to get to the top again and so does the Chairman. We match each other's ambitions and it seemed to be the right recipe for the pair of us to link up. I am really looking forward to the challenge.

"The expectations at the club are for them to do better than they have done in recent seasons, and for me personally I'd love to get promoted straight away on our first go but realistically I've got a two-year contract and at the end of the two year period I'd like to be in League 1 with Hereford."

"I only inherited seven players so the biggest process was the recruitment policy. We had to bring players in and at the end of last week we had 15 under contract, which is good going from where we started.

"It has been a slow close-season. You speak to other Managers and agents and they saying no-one is moving. There are lots of players out of contract and lots of players shopping around for the best deal. They won't make a decision until they aren't getting paid, that happens at the end of June and July is the time that everything starts to move.

"We have managed to get hold of eight new players which I'm pleased with and hopefully there is another five or six to come."