NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fleets Speaks To The Elastico

Football website The Elastico has interviewed Stuart Fleetwood about his early career:

As a result of your great season, you moved to League 1 outfit Charlton, but never played a league game for the club. What went wrong there so early into a three year deal?

When I moved to Charlton they were a Championship team who were relegated in my first season there! I was out on loan when Pardew was sacked and therefore didn’t get the chance to play towards the end of the season, when a few players were being given opportunities! Then, in my second season, I was told that I would mainly be a substitute and I wanted to play regularly, so opted to go out on loan again for the season. Come the third season and I realised I wouldn’t play, so I was sold to Hereford.

You are now back at Hereford once more. What is it about the club that persuaded you to make the return?

Obviously, I know the club well and have family and friends here so coming back was easy! The security of a 2 year deal was attractive and it wasn’t a hard decision to make!

The full interview, where he talks about his time at Cardiff and Forest Green, can be seen here.