NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Superman joins Oxford

Wayne 'superman' Brown has joined Oxford United. The former Hereford United stopper, now 34, has signed a one year deal with the club. He spent last season in South Africa.

"I'm really excited. I think it's a great move for me and hopefully for the club," Brown told Radio Oxford.

"I've got to say thanks to Chris [Wilder, Oxford manager] for giving me the chance."

"South Africa was a fantastic opportunity and I couldn't really turn it down. Not many people have gone over there and played.

"I had a great time there. The football could be great and some days it could be pretty awful but it was a life experience I will never forget."