NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Friday, February 24, 2012

Manset Move Confirmed

Reading have today confirmed that former Bulls striker Mathieu Manset has moved to Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua until the end of June.

The side, managed by French legend Jean Tigana, will likely pair Manset with Nicolas Anelka. Reading boss Brian McDermott told their official site:

"I don't necessarily want him to go but he was adamant, he wants to play games and I understand that. He'll come back ready for pre-season. I've played in Hong Kong and it was a massive club in Asia, it'll be different for him, but also a good experience."

Manset told the site: "I'm excited to be going to a new country, I'll learn new things about football and play with a big striker. I think I'll learn a lot with Nicolas Anelka. He's a French international, he's played for Chelsea and when I come back I'll be ready to play here and score goals."

No confirmed fee for the loan has been disclosed, but the Bulls would be entitled to a share if it is the previously claimed $1.2million (around £750,000) as it would be in excess of the fee the Royals originally paid for the forward.