NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tamworth's Perry Thanks Foyle


Tamworth loanee Kyle Perry has expressed his thanks to Bulls boss Martin Foyle for getting him out of a footballing rut at Nuneaton.

Perry, now back with the Lambs on loan after netting 17 times for them in the 10/11 season, told the Tamworth Herald that he had been struggling until his Edgar Street spell:

"Hereford were good for me. I had been through a difficult time football wise and Martin Foyle and Andy Porter asked me to go there on loan. I knew them both of them from my Port Vale days.

"I think they wanted people around them that they knew.

"They wanted to mix things up a bit when they were looking to build a dressing room. I didn't score while there but enjoyed my spell. I was stuck in a bit of a rut until then and it gave me a bit of love back for the game again.

"While they are another former club, it's all about Tamworth now. We are trying to make it past 50 points and that would be a record for the club. That would be quite some accomplishment.

"It would be great for us to achieve that. Dale (Belford) and Scott (Lindsey) deserve it as well because they have been fantastic coaches to work with."

Perry has started only three of his ten appearances for the Lambs since returning. Manager Belford, who remains in Caretaker charge after the dismissal of Marcus Law in January, initially took the side on a six match unbeaten run to take them away from danger. However recent results have not been kind, winning one of their last seven, and they lost 1-0 to title favourites Mansfield on Saturday.

As well as Perry, they have former Bulls defender Sam Oji in their squad. The 27 year old made four appearances for the Bulls at the start of the 09/10 season but left the club shortly after and ended up playing in Sweden before signing for the Lambs 13 months ago.