NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wrexham Take Play-Off Lead


Wrexham beat Kidderminster 2-1 in the opening play-off match last night.

The Dragons took the lead through Dave Artell, whose three match ban for a red card was questionably lifted by the Welsh FA only hours before the game, but the Harriers equalised through a Michael Gash penalty. Former Bull Josh Gowling then gave away a penalty, converted by Neil Ashton to hand the Welsh side a first leg advantage.

They play the second leg on Sunday as part of a double-header with Newport and Grimsby's match on Premier Sports. Bulls boss Martin Foyle will be providing match analysis from Aggborough.

The Exiles face the Mariners tonight at Blundell Park, with former Bull Tony James passing on his experiences of previous play-off games. He told the South Wales Argus that when the Bulls finally won the play-offs at the third attempt, he was injured:

“It was gutting for me, I’ve got to be honest, but it was a lovely gesture from (captain) Tamika Mkandawire to lift the trophy together. It was a great day and the play-offs is a great way to go up.

“I’ve had a chat with one or two of the lads who asked me about the play-offs and I tried to pass on my experiences. I’ve played in five play-offs campaigns and they’ve all been different. I’ve been in a team that wasn’t playing well and we turned it on for the play-offs and the opposite where we were flying and it didn’t quite work out, so you never know what will happen.”