NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cox Waiting On Clucas Bids


Mansfield boss Paul Cox says he is still waiting on bids for ex-Bull Sam Clucas.

He told the local press: “I have not had a phone call or any enquiries for Sam yet, but 24 hours is a long time in football. I would like to just switch my phone off, but I can’t do that.

“Sam is a lovely kid and works extremely hard. I am sure at some point he will make the step up. He is on a learning curve and I want him to stay with us and make the next part of his journey with us.

“He has been able to shrug off the speculation as he has broad shoulders. There have been jokes in training and a bit of banter, but he has taken it in his stride.”

Clucas played 40 minutes in his return match from injury at the weekend, but the Stags' saw their home game on Tuesday night called off due to the weather.